2009年10月25日日曜日

Homework for [Death and Funerals]

1. What do you do do that can be called "wrapping"? Give examples and reasons for your actions.
--- The action I often take is wrapping presents. The things I use for wrapping itself has no value, however, I want to notify my sincerity - that I do care about the receiver, and really want to congratulate the reciever, and how much the present contains my love or friendship... things like that.

2. Where do you go when you die?
--- I don't believe in specific religion, however, maybe heaven, maybe hell, maybe the land where dead people lives.

3. Explain why do Japanese have death memorial services 1 month, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years, etc. after a person's death?
--- I searched on internet, it is similar with other countries in Asia, related to Buddhism. Asian people believed there are Gods in underworld. So the descendants pray to the Gods to take care of their ancestors.

4. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express condolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?
--- I will say that I'm sorry and say that I will pray for he/she's family member. And I will try to be a bit silent for a while.

5. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?
--- No. I just saw the funeral of various countries in movies.

1 件のコメント:

  1. hello :)
    A thought that people go to the land where dead people lives after they die is interestiong. do you mean it is heven or hell?

    返信削除